I am not gonna lie… I hate writing bios. From my myspace years to now, they have never been my jam! I think the problem is I never know what to say and then end up deleting what I write a million times because it sounds so lame lol.
With that disclaimer, lemme just give you a look into my photography journey and then hit you with some fun facts. Cool? Cooool 🙂
I think my first interest in photography was in high school when I decided to take a photography class as an elective. That was a fail. We shot solely on film, which now I think is super cool but back then I spent most of the semester trying to figure out how to even use the thing not even throwing ISO, aperture and shutter speed into the mix. It would be a few years before I picked up another camera but once I did I never put it down again. I always tell my clients that I never thought this hobby would turn into my career but years later here we are! I am grateful everyday (yes even during fall iykyk) that I get to do this for a living. The whole “do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life” thing… I actually get to say that :D. Still blows my mind!
I hope that what drew you to my style is the emotion more than anything. The feeling you can get from a image – joy, closeness, peace, love – for me, that is what it is all about. I never go to a wedding or session with a preconceived idea of what it will look like. I believe in documenting your story in the most the raw and authentic way.
With that, I leave you with some random things about me.
- Cream cheese frosting is my favorite
- I got married to my bff Jacob in 2017 at Mount Ida Farm in Charlottesville
- I am the oldest of 4 kids – 3 younger brothers. My parents just wanted 3 but were surprised with twins hehe
- I am from SoCal but we moved to VA when I was 13
- In-N-Out is the best burger joint, periodt!
- I have a goldendoodle named Billie who is the best pup in the world
- I cried every time Leo died in Titanic – watched the 3 hour long movie on VHS maybe 10 times before I was 9.